went with Ryan's parents to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House. The kids loved it and I was so glad they had the opportunity to see it.
loved this pic of Emily on the temple grounds!
Reptile night at the Herrett Museum is a must every summer. The kids get to hold all sorts of snakes.

I need to apologize first that this picture is so awful!! But Ryan took the good camera home to Tokyo and left me with a point and shoot. But...we met and fell in love with Maris, my brother Matthew's fiance. We are really excited for the wedding in March, in Finland!!
Got a ride in my Grandpa's Model A car. Trent even got to sit on Grandpa's lap and steer!
hiked Balanced Rock and then roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. This was my kids' first time roasting anything and being near a fire. You can definitely tell they are city kids b/c Trent put his hot dog roaster down on the ground, then accidentally stepped on it and had a huge burn line down his foot. ouch!
Jake turned 3 and had this adorable jet-ski cake made by my mom. The mini doughnut is the tube. Jake fell in love with jet skiing this summer and was constantly asking for more rides.
more jet skiing. This is Trent and my dad. Trent was much more adventurous this summer with his jet skiing.
and of course, lots of eating! Each person in our family got to pick the one restaurant they HAD to eat at before going back to Japan and Trent picked Burger King. really? Burger King?? Emily picked Pizza Hut and Ryan and I both picked Cafe Rio. Jake was just happy to eat candy and chocolate all day.also enjoyed:
- go kart racing on my dad's birthday. Emily was just barely old enough and had a blast!
- tons of swimming at swim lessons, Nat-soo-pah and the city pool
- Hop To It-a new indoor bouncy place that all my Twin Falls Friends should take their kids to.
- lighting off fireworks almost every night
- doing a session at the Twin Falls Temple
- and of course, tons of shopping. Goodbye, dear friends named VISA and AMEX. I'll see you next summer! (we're cash only here in Japan)
It was a great summer!

3 comments:
Oh, I am jealous you got 5 weeks of fun out west :). I guess you do live in another counrty and totally deserve it though (even if it feels as if we are in another country here - he he!). Loved reading about your adventures! It brought back memories of jet skiing with you in high school - so fun. And wow, I think it has been like 12 years since I have been to Balance Rock. Isn't the Twin falls temple gorgeous? Fun times!!
So glad that the trip to the US was a blast. Where is the museum with the snakes? Haven't heard of that one. Burger King?? I agree with you. I should have suggested Zupas here in Utah, that's a must next year.
I love all of the pictures! What an amazing summer!
Post a Comment