Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cancuun

Ryan and I had the BEST time in Cancun this summer, celebrating our 10th anniversary. We had great weather, an awesome hotel, yummy food and did lots of fun things. here are some pics.
We spent a day at Xel-Ha, where we swam with the dolphins. I was a little nervous, but it was really fun and definitely worth the money. We especially loved the "foot press" where 2 dolphins came up behind you, and each pushed on a foot to push you up over the water. (no pictures of that, though)




Took a day trip to Chichen Itza--the ancient Mayan ruins. It was very interesting but really HOT.



On our way to the ruins, we stopped off at a cenote--basically a sinkhole, or underground cave that you could swim in. The water was freezing but it was beautiful!


View from the top of the cenote as we were walking down.


a sunburned Ryan takes a break

the view from our hotel room. We highly recommend the JW Marriott!!

4 comments:

Scott Fam Dam said...

It has been awhile since I last visited your blog. I need to do it more often! YOu guys are having a blast there in TOkyo. I wish we could have stuck around a bit longer, I still felt like we were new when we left. You have certainly discovered the hidden treasures in Japan. I can't believe that is your baby Jake. He is huge now! You don't realize how long it has been until you see the babies growing up!

Megan Jo Eddie said...

OH, what a beautiful trip. I'm going to remember that for a trip maybe next year. What a fun time to be with your hubby. They make life great don't they! By the way you look so great, so beautiful and skinny. You've inspired me to keep working out.

Lisa Brown said...

That looks like such a wonderful trip!! Kevin and I really need to do something like that sometime. The longest we have ever gotten away was for two nights last year.

Sybrina said...

After all these years, you two look just as great as you did (if not better than you did) as newlyweds. Happy 10th Anniversary!