Saturday, August 8, 2009

sometimes I feel bad for my kids

I know our kids are getting the experience of a lifetime living in Japan and we love it there, but this is a conversation I had with Trent yesterday when I took him with me to the grocery store.

walking through the parking lot to the store

Trent: Mom! I remember we used to have this kind of store in California. It's really big and full of food and they have doughnuts (the bakery). What's this store called?

Me: the grocery store?

Trent: oh yeah! I love the grocery store.

Note: we do have grocery stores in Tokyo, they are just very small.

1 comment:

Lisa Brown said...

I am sure that the other things they get to experience will make up for it. One of my YW in Georgia lived half her life in Germany since her dad was in the Army, and she looks back on it as the best thing ever.

I guess that with everything, some sacrifice is involved. Like right now my entire family is having a reunion in Nevada, but we just couldn't go. I feel mostly bad about my kids being so far away from family. Driving distance would be nice, like in California :). Even though we are still in the states, it might as well be a world away with as much as we get to see everyone.