Monday, November 24, 2008

I survived...

I survived 2 weeks without Ryan! He has been away on business. First, a week in Bangkok, Thailand, then home for 1 day, then another week in Washington D.C. I'm very proud of myself. I must admit, I was a tad bit jealous when Ryan said he was going to Bangkok.

His first impressions: really cool, but very dirty. Slums everywhere.

Elephant sightings: only one.

Shopping: awesome! I gave him a list. Bangkok is famous for shopping! Cheap markets where you can bargain. Unlike here in Japan where bargaining is usually unacceptable. Throw pillows for $3 each!! An entire bed in a bag ensemble for our bed for $35!

Tailors: flip through magazines and pick what you want. Then they'll take your measurements and your custom made clothing will be done in 2 days. I think Ryan had a little too much fun at the tailor. Emily got so excited about this idea--she has created her own kid's clothing magazine. drawing pictures of various dresses and says that when we go to Thailand next year (cross your fingers it works out) she is planning on taking these drawings with her to show to the tailor so she can have a dress made. I think we might have a fashion designer on our hands.





random connection: Our church has a monthly children's magazine called the Friend. Every month they highlight a child from a different country and talk about their country, what it's like to be LDS in that part of the world etc. And guess what the November issue spotlight was? That's right. A girl called Miew from Bangkok, Thailand. To read the article, go here. Trent kept saying, "maybe dad will be able to meet Miew!"

Did Ryan wish he would have taken the camera? YES!

3 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

Seperations are never fun. The first week is always the hardest for me, and then I get in my groove. I love Emily's clothes magazine - how awesome!

Mark said...

Yea, you survived! It sounds like Thailand was a blast. We need to draw names for Christmas soon, whoever has you guys will need to send it soon :)

Toria said...

Yea! I'm so glad Ryan is back! You are amazing to go everywhere you did and do all the things you did! I never would have attempted stake conference without Mike!