Monday, September 1, 2008

catch up pictures

When we got back to Tokyo we had 2 weeks before school started. It either rained or was way too hot to go outside for most of the days. The humidy is killing us! But we did manage to get outside a few times. Here's what we've been doing:

  • Took the kids to Shinjuku Gyoen--a huge beautiful park--to try out our new stomp rocket. If anyone is looking for a great Christmas present--Here's the link. This toy is awesome!



  • Took a ferry boat ride across Tokyo Bay to Asakusa. The idea was that it might be a little cooler by the water. not true. but it was still fun. Emily and Trent went on a rickshaw ride. I can't believe we've been here almost 2 years and still never done a rickshaw ride. Very touristy, but very fun. Trent kept asking the guy if he could go faster.





  • On a date night, at a huge shopping center/amusement park, Ryan and I went to buy tickets for the ferris wheel, but I didn't see Ferris Wheel on the list of rides. (they were in English and Japanese) finally I realized that the ride called "the Big O" was the ferris wheel! We were laughing so hard. But I guess it really is a big O. it was closed. We'll have to ride the Big O next time!

2 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

You guys do the coolest things! Have you made any blog books yet of your time there? And have you already lived there 2 years?? Craziness!

Melinda said...

You guys do not let the grass grow under your feet. I love that you are making the most of your time there! I'll have to check out the stomp rocket...that seems like it's right up Ethan's alley.