Thursday, May 17, 2007

The weather is driving me crazy!

I am constantly surprised at the quick changes in the weather. June is supposed to be the rainy season. People have told us to prepare for rain every day. So this month we have been trying to take advantage of the nice weather. Every spare minute we have we are outside at the park, on a bike ride or going on a picnic. Tuesday, Trent and I packed a picnic lunch and set off to find a new park. Ryan had helped me map out my route the night before. The day started out hotter and more humid than usual. As we got on the train I noticed grey clouds. When we got off the train just a few minutes later, we were in a full on thunderstorm. So we ate our picnic lunch on a bench at the train station and then went back home. Trent was disappointed, but not too bad b/c one of his favorite things to do is sit at the train station and watch the trains go by, identifying all the train lines. A few hours later, when it was time to pick up Emily, it was hot and sunny again. I miss California weather!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know just what you mean Jill! I miss California weather too! It has been pretty consistant here in China, hot and humid, but we had a weird, 5 minute thunder storm last night! Glad you guys are doing well though!

Andrea b.

Lisa Brown said...

He he! I guess being in California all those years spoiled you - just like it did me. But on the bright side, at least you probably won't ever have to deal with snow and ice there :).