so, nobody seems to be excited about moving. Emily is in tears a lot. Everybody seems pretty sad. I had written on the calender, move to Seattle and drew a big smiley face. Then looked over at the calendar the next day to see this. somebody had drawn in 4 frowny faces, and one of the frowny faces is crying!!...... but I'm sure once we get there they will love it. It's just going to take some time.
this is the moving wall they put up the last week of school. pictures of all the kids moving away. International schools always have large turnovers. And while I won't miss having to drive 40 minutes and paying $20 in highway tolls, each time I want to go out to the school, We will miss ASIJ a lot! for 4 1/2 years, my kids have had the opportunity to go to an amazing (in my opinion, the best!) international school. One of the blessings we've had from living in Japan


and here are some random pictures from the past month:
Trent's class had an end of the year cookie party and these were the cookies I brought. school colors. turned out cute!
Trent's class had an end of the year cookie party and these were the cookies I brought. school colors. turned out cute!
Trent with his teacher, Mr. Rolls.
Trent started taking cello lessons back in January. He has never wanted to take piano lessons, so we haven't pushed it. but then came to us about a year ago and was asking to take cello lessons. I waited about 6 months to see if he was serious about it, and so after 6 months of asking, he started lessons. He loves it!!
During the month of April, Trent was in the marathon club. He ran 26 miles in April. half of that was on my parent's treadmill b/c we were in Idaho after the earthquake. He loves to wear this shirt!!
Here's Emily making riceballs for the homeless. a school service project.
Emily and Trent took a fan dancing class for 2 months. this was them at their recital. It was so cute! I have been begging Emily since first grade to sign up for this after school activity, but she's always refused. This year, I said she didn't have a choice. She liked it, but as you can see, it's mostly younger kids who do it. she was the only fifth grader in the class.
Emily at her end of year class party
Jake on a fieldtrip. They walked to Yoyogi Koen for a picnic. It was really cute to see them walk with a partner, holding hands. Japanese school doesn't get out till end of July, so he's still going to preschool this week. It's tradition that the kid moving gives everyone in the class a gift on their last day. so that's what I'm working on this week. we are giving away packs of origami with a note that says, (in Japanese) thanks for being my friend. I will miss you. Jacob
and last but not least, one day Jake asked me if he could have a snack, and I was busy doing something so I said, "yes, but you have to go get it yourself" I came into the kitchen a little while later to see this! he was eating spoonfuls of peanut butter out of the jar. and couldn't understand why that wasn't an appropriate snack!


3 comments:
I am going to miss you guys living in Japan. I have loved your blog posts about that amazing country. Seattle is a fun place so I just I am excited to here about Seattle too.
I hope you guys have a safe move!
Dear Jake,
There's nothing wrong with eating peanut butter out of the jar. I am lot older than you, but I still do that! I will miss seeing you in costumes and big shoes at the bus stop.
What a fun school! Your kids are going to have such amazing memories of their time there. And I let my kids have a spoonful of peanutbutter for a sack, but only the one spoonful.
Post a Comment