Thursday, March 3, 2011

Valentine's catch up

This Valentine's Day I was especially thankful for the Internet!! Because I was able to pull together a lot of different things, with just a quick tutorial or click and print. First, I found a ton of cute Valentine's hairdos at princesshairstyles.com and was able to do this heart ponytail for Emily in about 5 minutes. Click here for their Valenine's post.

Then..the kids went to school with these super cute Pirate valentine's. just print. and the $ store was even selling mini felt hearts so I didn't even have to cut any out! The bad news: apparantly, 5th grade is too cool for Valentine's. They were optional this year for Emily, and she chose to bring some...along with only 1 other kid in the class. She felt a little embarrassed. So to all you moms out there, remember that Valentine's are a no-no for 5th grade.





Also, on Valentine's I taught a Valentine's dessert/candy making class for a Relief Society activity. It was really fun! We learned how to make 4 desserts.


1. Red Velvet cake balls. Click here for the link. I stumbled across this idea on Bakerella. They are so yummy!! I'm going to do green ones for St. Patrick's day. I'm converted to cake balls. Think of all the possibilities and combinations of cakes/frostings you could do. mmmmm. Since we don't have red velvet cake mixes in Japan, I used this recipe.


2. Strawberries filled with cream. Click here. and I just used regular old cream cheese and it turned out great.


3. triple chocolate peanut clusters


4. Peanut Butter bon bons--these last 2 recipies are from my mom. I think the PB bon bons were the most favorite of the day.




after the kitchen demonstration, it was time to eat!! we also had fondue (chocolate and lemon) chocolate cream cheese dessert and red velvet cup cakes.




Then each sister got to leave with a heart box filled with samples of everything and a Valentine's Brownie bag gift for their husbands. it was filled with heart shaped brownies. Another easy Internet click and print. from Twig and Thistle. Thanks Joni for introducing me to their blog!




right in the middle of the RS acitivity, the doorbell rang and it was a special delivery for me!!






But my real present from Ryan was that he put up our "Japan Wall" the day before. we're still slowly hanging things up in the new house and these pictures were a pain and took Ryan a few hours to make sure they were exactly lined up. 1 centimeter off and Ryan would erase all his pencil marks and start over. Thanks honey!!






and this has nothing to do with V-day, but a few days ago I helped throw a shower for my friend Ginny (the one we went to Kidzania with) and did this diaper cake. I LOVE diaper cakes. they are so easy and cute. the shower colors were blue and green. It was really fun!!



1 comment:

Lisa Brown said...

What a fun RS activity! Wish I could have come :).