Monday, May 10, 2010

random week

a few nights ago I went in to check on Jacob and found him asleep with this giant water balloon that somehow he had smuggled into bed with him!

Japanese vs. American lunch boxes.


these color your own pillowcases came from my mom last week just at the perfect time. 5:30 pm on a rainy night just when I was losing my patience and thinking I was not going to make it till bedtime. the doorbell rang, and it was the package man! the kids colored for literally 2 hours, till bedtime. thanks mom!



Ryan, Emily and Trent had the rare opportunity to go to the sumo stables, early in the morning to watch the sumo wrestlers practice. Absolute silence is required. only up to 16 visitors are allowed in at a time, and you sit along the wall about 10-15 feet away. And the cost? a few dozen baked goods to show our thanks. apparently after the practice, the wrestlers eat a TON!








it obviously had been a rough day...

2 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

The sumo thing is crazy! I think my kids might love to watch something like that, but I am not sure it is possible for them to be quiet for more than one minute at a time.

Julie said...

Those lunch boxes-- are you serious?!!! What do they eat? No wonder Americans are all obese!!! I'm going to read your friends link right now-- very curious ;)