Friday, May 1, 2009

kids update

The kids have been busy lately. Every few months, the after school activities change. Emily and Trent have finished up soccer and started tennis. They both love it. Trent has also started sumo wrestling and think's it's the coolest thing ever. He comes home and teaches us all the new moves he's learning. I hope sumo will be a great experience he will look back on "when I used to live in Japan."

We also went to the zoo last week with the first grade--to study the Australian animals. Grade 1 is doing an Australia unit right now. Each student picks one animal to research, study and write a book about. It's a huge project that will take weeks. Most students picked the Koala bear, or the kangaroo. But what did Trent pick? the Thorny Devil. Ahhh, Trent. It's lizard covered in spikes. I had never heard of one before, but we are learning together about it. 6 more weeks of school! the countdown has begun.

1 comment:

Lisa Brown said...

The Thorny Devil - how funny. DId you ever tell your kids that your nick-name in highschool was "Little Devil." Ahh, fun times!