Thursday, August 30, 2007

Back to School

It's that time of year again. I can't believe I have a second grader and a kindergartener. Kindergarten here is all day. The bus comes at 7:40 am and drops them back off at 4:00 pm. The hardest part was putting Trent on the bus and watching him drive away, knowing he had a 40 minute bus ride ahead of him. The long bus rides will definitely be hard for him. But both kids love their teachers and had a great first day. Emily was very apprehensive about having a male teacher for her Japanese class, but came home saying how nice he was and how fun Japanese class was. Trent said his favorite part of the day was playing Candyland and building bridges in the sandbox. He also loves the class fish and turtles. He was definitely ready for kindergarten!


Getting on the bus in the morning.

The bus monitors humored me and let me on the bus just before they left, to take one last picture. I'm so glad Emily is there to help Trent. Notice she is still wearing her Bahama hair do.

3 comments:

Hillary said...

So glad that everything went well for you! It was so much fun to see you and how much the kids have grown! Hope that they have a great year at school. Oh, and that mountain of food is hilarious!

Lisa Brown said...

Oh, that must have been so hard to have to send Trent on a bus for his first day. It is awesome that he had his big sister there for him, and it looks like he did great :).

Anonymous said...

Hello. This is Hillary's sister Rachel. I just checked out your blog to see what Japan was like. Wow! I can't believe your kids ride the bus for 40 minutes. They are troopers!